“Eat your vegetables!” Then you think, “But I don’t like them!!” Well guess what? This was me for most of my life, until I discovered Oven Roasting!! This was a game changer for me. It alters the taste of all vegetables, for the betterment of my palate!! Growing up our vegetables was either dipped in batter and deep fried, sautéed or steamed…BORING! Oven roasting also has my kids eating them! Often, the vegetables are eaten right off the pan when they come out of the oven. They seldomly make it onto our plates!
The method for oven roasting is the same for any vegetable that you choose.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on an oven safe pan.
- Place veggie on parchment paper.
- Drizzle Oil of Choice.
- Season generously with Purely Cajun Seasoning.
- Toss veggies with hands to distribute evenly.
- Roast in oven at 425°, stirring while cooking.
- Roast til veggies are desired texture! The timing will be different for everyone. About 20-45 minutes. I enjoy them a little charred & crispy…careful not to burn!
Use fresh vegetables for all oven roasting with the exception of green beans; use frozen.
- Frozen Green beans
- Fresh Cauliflower (small florets)
- Fresh Zucchini (quartered)
- Fresh Broccoli (small florets)
- Fresh Asparagus (trim ends, leave whole)
- Fresh Okra (cut the stem, cut into large circles)
- Fresh Cabbage (cut into wedges or circles)
- Fresh Brussel Sprouts (trim stem off, cut in half, keep leaves, they get crispy! YUM!)
- NOTE: Brussels are for Maintenance Phase!
Get creative, mix a few of the vegetables together, and even include some protein!!
- Red Potatoes, banana peppers, smoked chicken sausage, onions
- Bell peppers, purple onions, mushrooms
- Broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers
- Bell peppers, zucchini, onions